Friday, December 21, 2007

Coffee

As I waited at the airport gate in LAX, I saw a small stand selling coffee and water. I didn't really want coffee-- actually, I really didn't want coffee because i wanted to sleep on the plane-- but then i remembered that I am returning to the land of bad instant coffee for who-knows-how-long. "Real" coffee has been so much a part of my life over the past 4 years: late nights at SUA, the only social gathering place in Aliso Viejo, the heart of Buenos Aires, and the single constant in every meal at Zoatecpan. So, I decided to end this phase of my life with one last cup before I left for home... I bought myself a cup of Java coffee, feeling all grand and ceremonious. I got out the creamer, wanting to make sure this cup was just right... and then, just as it was ready, i knocked the cup right over and spilled every last drop!

:(

The lady was really nice and offered me another cup, but that was the end of my ceremony. Is that symbolic of something?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it means YOU ARE CLUMSY & PROBABLY DON"T NEED ANY MORE CAFFEINE TO MAKE YOU ALL THE MORE JITTERY.

    I bumped into Masako at the Cup today. Quelle surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :P

    oh, Wendy, you are so boring... cant you read more symbolism into the event than that?! Besides, i had not had a single cup of coffee all day, so I was NOT jittery because of caffeine. Because of everything else going on, perhaps!

    And Masako at the Cup?! I wonder what she was doing there! ;)

    Oh, i miss you all already!

    ReplyDelete