Saturday, December 15, 2007

I'm technically still on the hill, but the next 4 days are simply a transition...

Yesterday, at 4:14 PM, I turned in my FINAL final paper at Soka. It's funny: I had always wondered with what emotions I would send in that last email to a professor, but i ended up sending it in without any emotion at all. The only thing on my mind was: I'm done; I can sleep now. Relief.

Will I look back at that moment years from now and feel a surge of emotion? Possibly. Probably. But yesterday, it was simply: I'm done.

The going-away party at James and Wendy's felt too final, though. Michael was my first big goodbye-- a close friend whom I probably won't see for many years now. That was when it started sinking in: I'm really going away. Wow.

I'm ready, though. Ready and excited to move on. Nostalgic, of course. A little sad, of course. But above all, appreciative. Appreciative of everything I have experienced in the last 4 1/2 years (in California, in Buenos Aires, in Mexico-- all of that has been a part of my Soka life); appreciative of Ikeda Sensei for founding SUA and for working so hard to open so many doors for me; appreciatve of all the friends and professors who have in one way or another made SUA worth it. I know I'll always carry this place in my heart and that it will always be a part of what I call "home."

"You were born to a whole, and this is just a particular"-- Emerson. Yes, SUA has been a wonderful particular, but at the end of the day, that's all it is: I need to now move on to the rest that awaits me. World, here I come.

2 comments:

  1. Look out world! Here she comes!!

    Hooray! I get to be the first to comment on your blog!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Aditi, good to hear from you. It sounds so exciting. Yesterday I had a mongolian dinner in sheraton. Remembering you. Wish you all the best in your new and exciting venture. Keep me informed about all your experience there. hope you here too will make life long friends. Let me know your return date.
    Take care
    Love Suchandra

    ReplyDelete