Friday, March 14, 2008

3 Months Beyond the Hill

Today is March 14th. That means it's exactly 3 months since I formally finished life at SUA. A quarter of a year since that memorable going away party and the last time I spoke to or saw most of my SUA friends.

Wow. Where did the time go?

"What we remember in some way protects us"-- Sylvia Curbelo. She was right. My memories do "in some way protect me." As I shift homes, leave behind old ones, or return to older ones, I have formed a little home in my heart that somehow manages to encompass everyone from all my different worlds. I have a collage in my room that contains about a 100 photos from SUA, Argentina, and Mexico; looking at it here in my room in New Delhi, I truly feel "at home".

They have been an interesting three months, a topsy-turvy three months, a full-of-so-many-changes three months. In these three months, I have said goodbye to a home of four and a half years, made a new home in my little apartment in Mongolia, then left it within 2 weeks (those two weeks also feel like they were much more than 2 weeks), and then set about reclaiming a home and an identity back in New Delhi. That makes it seem like so much happened in this time.

But they have also been three months of idleness. Apart from that brief stint working in Mongolia, I don't have much to show for this time. Or I do: a couple of poems and a more relaxed me! I did need some time to recover not just from Mongolia but also form the hectic-ness of the last couple of years! In that sense, it's been a good holiday.

I've had enough of a holiday now, though. I'm ready to move on to the next phase of my life. And I am going to do that within a few days.

That's all, there isn't anything very interesting to say about it. I just felt like I had to write this note when i realized how long it had been! :)

1 comment:

  1. u did a lot of vella things .. let me know not open your 'boli'. ok!! .. you wasted these three months.. don't write a post with a bahana!! .. u even gave a spelling workshop .. and you pulled many peoples legs! and most importanly.. you got employed with omar tech! congratulations once again and i hope you can be good enough for that wonderful company LOL hahahhahaa...

    ReplyDelete