Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009

It's 2009, and I'm writing because i want to start the year by writing. Really, that's about the only reason. I've spent SO much time lately writing graduate school essays that I am otherwise fed up of staring at the computer screen.

Today was good, though. I got into the flow. I wrote 1 3/4 essays for SLC today. They want 3 long essays, and i still love their application. Am I just nuts? Nope, I'm a writer, I'm supposed to love writing, so of course I would enjoy the 3 essays. Yeah, right, that's why ;)

Did I make New Years' Resolutions this year? My grandma wanted to know, and I am not sure what the answer is. Yes, I decided to do certain things I haven't done before, even committed to doing them. But then again, that i do every few weeks or months-- find things that i think are important and commit to doing them. Part of my Buddhist practice, I guess, this process of making determinations and working to fulfill them. Ok, so I did that again. Does that mean I made New Year's Resolutions or not?

I had something a little more interesting to say, actually, about my friends and the notion of arranged marriages. Also some more sappy stuff to say about gratitude. And some interesting reflections that emerged in the process of writing those 3 essays. But I am too tired today, spent too many hours writing already. So it will have to wait.

In the meantime, here's wishing you a beautiful 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment