Tuesday, January 1, 2008

cold feet. literally.

Delhi is freezing! Temperatures dropped into the mid 30s (about 3 degrees celsius) the last few days, quite a bit lower than normal. And, of course, we arent prepared for that... I'm not even talking about lack of heating and hot water-- i can live with that. But I was dumb to take an autorickshaw to Omar's place and back yesterday (for those who dont know what it is, think open-air cab on a road that cuts right through one of the few remaining jungles in Delhi... brrr). I was fine at the time, but guess what I discovered when I got home? I have chilblains on my right foot... argh! I had forgotten how susceptible I am to this annoying thing... if anyone knows any homeopathic/ ayurvedic/ naturopathic remedy that helps, let me know!

I can't handle Delhi winters, and i am going to Mongolia?

Upside: Mongolian government makes sure all homes are heated. Downside: frequent power cuts make sure that they freeze anyway. Or so blogs tell me.

Oh wow, this really will be an adventure, wont it?

2 comments:

  1. New York City is freezing too. But the power is on. I'm going to be looking forward to your accounts of the cultural dimensions of learning and literacy, the politics of knowledge, power in an out of the classroom. We'll be looking for your triumphs and sending you coffee you can cook on an open fire if necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks for the vote of confidence. And the promise of coffee- I'll hold you to that! :P

    About my "accounts of the cultural dimensions of learning and literacy, the politics of knowledge, power in an out of the classroom," Well, let's see how far I get beyond complaining about the weather first!

    ReplyDelete