Monday, January 28, 2008

First day of classes...

... has been overwhelming. Not bad-- not at all-- just overwhelming. Interestngly, the best (most fun) class I had was witha group of students who have been branded as "not bright" by the school. Yes, their English wasnt as fluent as some of the other classes, but they brought an earnestness to the class that surpassed all others. They were also incredibly willing to help each other understand the material and you could see the concentration on their faces as they tried to understand what I was saying. I felt like I was talking to real individuals who cared about what I was saying rather than just a balnk wall. Good feeling. They also seemed the class who most enjoyed my lesson... we had some good laughs together.

Other than that, I think the open-air ice-skating made my cold worse (yes, not very prudent, was that?)... so now Iam headed back for a nap. More tomorrow, perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment