Sunday, January 13, 2008

Leaving today

Okay, so it's real. I board my plane to Moscow tonight; then 15 hours in Russia. Tomorrow night, I board the Moscow- Ulanbataar flight. Provided that all goes well and no flight gets grounded or snowed in, within 48 hours I will be in the high school in Mongolia where I am going to spend the next 6 months.

Am I panicking? Not exactly; i don't think so. But I am finally not calm either. I am somewhere between excited and nervous, between "wow I am really doing this" and "what the heck am I getting into?" Mom's clearly nervous by now; poor mother-- the things we kids put her through! :)

Okay, leave soon and I still have to finish my packing and a bunch of last minute chores... which i should be doing right now. Here's to my last entry from my warm and sunny room in Delhi for the next 6 months! Keep in touch, and I will try to do the same... especially since I will probably have few people to talk to during my first few weeks in a country where no one speaks any of the three languages i am in, I expect to hear a lot from you all!

Take good care, and expect this blog to liven up a little now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment